Clos siguier Vieilles Vignes “Les Camille”

Clos siguier Vieilles Vignes "Les Camille"

£18.60
Country France
Region South West, Cahors
Producer Clos siguier
Grape Variety Malbec
Vintage 2017
ABV 12.50 %
Volume 750ml
Eco Credentials Practicing Organic

Description

An elegant and refined Malbec, made from very high quality, old vine, grapes. Intense blueberry, damson and leather flavours come together with an alluring dusty texture and fresh acidity. Further to this, it’s crunchy, floral and a little meaty too. A complete winner!

Additional information

Weight 1.50 kg
Colour

Country

France

Region

Grape Variety

Malbec

Dietary

Vegan, Vegetarian

Vintage

2017

Eco Labels

Practicing Organic

Volume

ABV

Why we love this tipple

“An elegant and refined Malbec, made from very high quality, old vine, grapes. Intense blueberry, damson and leather flavours come together with an alluring dusty texture and fresh acidity. Further to this, it's crunchy, floral and a little meaty too. A complete winner!”

Tastes great paired with

Pork

Pasta

Rich dishes

Earthy Flavours

MEET THE PRODUCERS

Clos siguier

Gilles Bley’s site is located around 30 km south of the Lot’s hurly-burly. The 400-meter altitude is the key determinant in producing light and approachable Malbecs with great depth. Iron-rich limestone soil structures also contribute a prominent minerality.
The vineyard is 15 hectares, planted to 95% Malbec with the remaining 5% to Tannat.  The average vine age is 60-80 years and Gilles caps yields between 25-30 hectolitres per hectare, which is low by any standards.
Gilles eschews new oak altogether, and this lets the fruit and regionality do the talking. Organic production methods are deployed, all ferments are spontaneous and long fermentations tease out succulent fruit profiles. Gilles is not a fan of sulfites either, only using minuscule amounts to retain stability after malolactic fermentation occurs.
The wines are given two years elevage before release which not only allows integration of flavours and stability but reduces the need for filtration.
These natural credentials have won Clos Siguier fans such as Alice Feiring, and Paris bars Bistrot des Envierges and L’Ange Vin owned by the legendary Francois Robinot who Gilles has previously sold to. The wines have charm and regional distinction.
We are very proud to be working with a Cahors producer that demonstrates the diversity and stylistic approach available in the area.

LEARN MORE