Cape Chamonix Reserve White

Sale!

Cape Chamonix Reserve White

£23.10
Country South Africa
Region Coastal Region, Franschhoek
Producer Cape Chamonix
Grape Variety Sauvignon Blanc, Sémillon
Vintage 2016
ABV 13.46 %
Volume 750ml

Description

This really breaks the mould. 99% of sauvignon blanc led wine is fairly similar and this is in the other 1% and we are very happy about that. If you like lush, rich, decadent yet high acid wines that smell like a great brunch spot you are in. French toast, asparagus, honey-nut cereal, pears, granola, marmalade. Substantial and rewarding as any good brunch should be.

Additional information

Weight 1.5 kg
Colour

Country

South Africa

Region

Grape Variety

Sauvignon Blanc, Sémillon

Vintage

2016

Volume

ABV

Style

, ,

Why we love this tipple

“This really breaks the mould. 99% of sauvignon blanc led wine is fairly similar and this is in the other 1% and we are very happy about that. If you like lush, rich, decadent yet high acid wines that smell like a great brunch spot you are in. French toast, asparagus, honey-nut cereal, pears, granola, marmalade. Substantial and rewarding as any good brunch should be.”

Tastes great paired with

Birds

Cream and butter

Rice and risottos

Oily Fish

Nutty Flavours

Rich dishes

Umami Flavours

MEET THE PRODUCERS

Cape Chamonix

Chamonix Wine Farm is nestled against Mont Rochelle mountain, deep within the rich wine-growing valley of Franschhoek in the Western Cape. Formerly part of historic La Cotte granted to the Huguenots in 1688, Chamonix today comprises some 248 hectares. Chris Hellinger, purchased the farm in the early nineties when it was predominantly an export fruit farm. With tenacity and vigour a replanting program began, steadily replacing fruit trees with noble French varieties of vines, and with an engineering background combined with old-world principles an underground cellar was built.

LEARN MORE

You may also like…